MetalSpine protective sleeve
Your cable is more vulnerable where it is visually exposed, especially where the cable enters/exits the trench. To protect the exposed cable we use a semi rigid heavy duty sleeve that is supplied in 2 halves and is 3mm thick.
The number of segments ordered must be sufficient to cover and protect every part of the visible cable.
- Can accommodate various cable sizes
- Can be installed after cable installation – and even on live cables
- Can be assembled to protect any required length.
Installing the MetalSpine sleeve:
- The halves of the sleeve are fastened attached to the cable and loosely tightened
- The segments are interlocked and assembled until the whole cable is protected
- The segments are adjusted to fit the curve of the cable
- The end that enters the switchgear, transformer or distrubution box requires a specialised fitting which is used to secure the cable with the supplied fittings. This fitting is ordered separately.
- The shear nuts are tightened until the nuts break off.